It’s supposed to be fun. Well, when you play Fantasy Football, it’s just like life, there’s no guarantees. I prefer my best lineup against my opponent’s. I am left cold by wins because of misfortune on the other side. Commissioners have to deal with flustered owners who decide to ditch their teams and count their league fees as lost and forfeit.
That attitude will not do. Especially after just one week. It’s long season and more players will emerge on waivers for owners to pickup. That said, after what happened in Week 1, I’m starting to gain an interest in 10 team leagues again, so that owners who suffer a heavy loss don’t have to dig through the bone pile for guys like Orleans Darkwa. They should at least have hope and a decent replacement with a player who has an upside chance.
2017 Fantasy Football Week 2 Rankings
Apart from everything crashing and burning, some startling performances and rookie breakouts made Week 1 very interesting. Theme in Week 1 was “I’m a QB somebody.” Alex Smith, Trevor Siemian, Jared Goff, Sam Bradford – even DeShone Kizer had a decent and above level game.
Here’s a rundown:
- David Johnson is on IR designate. Might return this year or might not. Christmas they say is a possibility.
- Allen Robinson also on IR. Allen Hurns and Marqise Lee move up for targets.
- Danny Woodhead out for an extended period of time and possibly to IR.
- Chris Johnson returns to the Cardinals in a possible feature role.
- Chris Carson steadily progressing. His latest victim to discharge is Eddie Lacy.
- Rams actually showing signs of an offense this year. Cooper Kupp turning heads.
- Lions have a new “BabyTron” in the nursery. Kenny Golladay.
- Bears running offense new add complex dynamism with Tarik Cohen.
- Nelson Agholor is looking the part – for one game at least.
- Dalvin Cook is the real deal. Minnesota looking sharp overall.
- and finally, Kareem Hunt, the current jewel in the crown of Fantasy Football.
Source: NFL News